Tuesday 30 June 2015

Minus one: being out of touch

I can't  believe it! My  countdown app was set for 144 days but now it's down to one!

Today I've been in Bradford at an immigration Tribunal,  caught up briefly with my good friend Adrian and had various concerns about pastoral ministry and circuit matters but from tomorrow that's all on hold, thanks to the wonderful support of colleagues.

In a minute the phones will be switched off,  Penny is going to change the password on my 'Methodist email account' so it will be impossible to keep in touch.  I will be genuinely off radar for three months and a bit.  Wow!

But praise be, God won't be out of touch with his servant.  In the words  of a wise Bishop 'I'm going on a journey,  it would be great to have your company Lord so I can learn from you,  but if you aren't able to join me,  I'll enjoy the journey anyway'

Tomorrow I'll post some day one reflections here and on Facebook but I'm making a promise that I'll only do that when I have something to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment