Sunday 4 October 2015

The Final Countdown

Final Countdown By Europe

We're leaving together,
But still it's farewell
And maybe we'll come back,
To earth, who can tell ?
I guess there is no one to blame
We're leaving ground
Will things ever be the same again?
It's the final countdown

Will they indeed?
So this is the final countdown to my return to normality sometime after 13th October.
Today I have been to an excellent  Methodist Service at Victoria Hall celebrating Harvest and was reminded that God equips us, even those who think they have little to offer (like the boy whose lunch fed the 5000). Now I prepare to go off to Lindisfarne to reflect on what I have encountered, experienced.  thought and learnt over the last  last few weeks. 

Penny joins me for the final weekend in Newcastle so although we aren't 'leaving  together' we shall be returning as one!
Last night we met up with friends from Woodseats to celebrate a Golden Anniversary of a very special couple so I feel I'm being slowly prepared for re-entry. Over the weekend several people have mentioned that they have been reading these pages. THANK YOU. If they've been a bit indigestible, sorry. My plan is that the final page will be somethng of a summary!

This time last year I tried, and faailed to get tickets for Glastonbury. The same thing happened again this morning. However Lattitude tickets are still available. I wonder...............?

No comments:

Post a Comment