Wednesday 19 August 2015

Finding God in Unexpected Places


Finding God in Unexpected Places happens to be the next book on my reading pile (more on the to read than read I fear!)

As the sun was shining I took a few moments this morning for a brief prayer walk. This being the mid point of my Sabbatical is a good time to reflect on whats happened and what's to come. I won't put everything down here though, just in case any non-insomniacs should stumble on this blog!!




 I did however reflect on the lovely family day in Birmingham yesterday and the communion service at Cathedral on Sunday - this was a reminder on what I have been missing in both receiving and giving the elements and confirmation of my sense of call to minister to Word and Sacrament.


 Time also to stop and look at the views from our corner of the world. The train and bus stations, shops and offices, theatres, arts centres and football ground, the two universities, back to backs of Sharrow and mansions of Whirlow can all be seen from Cholera Park. You can also see a number of churches across the city. Time to uphold congregations and colleagues in these last few weeks before a New Year.








Then alongside the Sheaf came a reminder of cross and Resurrection, the One who walks with us.

God is indeed found in unexpected places!

No comments:

Post a Comment