Saturday 1 August 2015

Justice?

Taking a morning off sabbatical to support one of our church family facing a real risk of detention, deportation or worse. With the article mentioned in my last post ringing in my ears and further pictures from Callais.

The court doubted the genuineness of this person's Christian conversion despite my letter stating the situation as honestly as I could. In fact the court had not referred to my letter at all, making a big thing about the church member who spoke up for the individual not being a minister so how could they know what was going on in the soul!! No one had said that the minister must attend to testify to the veracity of conversion.

At the end if the day the only one who can truly testify is the one converted and the Spirit. I feel uncomfortable with this legalistic expectation and don't suppose it would be asked of a minister in other circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment